Mountain Time Watch Co. understands that sometimes mailing your watch is the only option. Please be aware mailing your watch for repairs presents potential risk of damage during shipping. If sending your watch is your preferred method, please follow these instructions.
1.) You must call us at 970-628-1225 prior to sending your watch so we can determine the likelihood of a successful repair, and we are aware that you will be sending
2.) Once we have spoken, complete and submit the form below.
3.) Print a copy of this form and enclose with your watch.
4.) The best method for shipping is to use a USPS Priority Mail flat rate box and properly wrap your watch with bubble wrap or newspaper to prevent shifting during shipping. We also highly recommend insuring the package. Please do not include the watch's factory box.
First and Last Name
Estimated Value of Watch
Repair/service needed or description of issue
• I am required to contact Mountain Time Watch Co. prior to sending my watch.
• I am responsible for the cost of return shipping via USPS Priority Mail including the cost of insurance for the package (if requested). This cost will be added to my repair bill and paid prior to the watch being returned to me.
• Mountain Time Watch Co. is not liable for damages related to shipping, manufacture defect, loose/missing stones after cleaning, or natural wear and tear.
• Mountain Time Watch Co. will contact me with an estimated cost of repairs and approximate completion date to be approved by me prior to work being completed. If applicable, Mountain Time Watch Co. will discuss any concerns regarding parts availability or restoring accuracy at that time.
• Estimates and repairs are completed in the order received.
• Mountain Time Watch Co. may place a lien on the watch if the cost of repairs are not paid within 90 days of completion. If legal action is necessary to enforce any provision of this contract, the prevailing party is entitled to their reasonable attorney fees and costs.